Don’t waste your time, you have many things to download, jump to this link and download liferay Server(Liferay Portal 6.1 bundled with Tomcat : approx 290 mb) and SDK(Plugin SDK : approx 15mb ) + Liferay IDE (link : approx 290) and choose IDE that suites you.You can skip Liferay IDE download if you have eclipse installed (Configure with this link ).
Note : You must have jdk 1.6 installed in your machine and should be configured with your IDE.
Extract all these downloads into one folder (say E:/liferay) .
Follow this link to setup Liferay Server and SDK in your IDE.
Great ! You have successfully installed liferay environment .
Follow here to start your liferay.Jump to localhost (http://localhost:8080) and I hope you like liferay face 🙂
- Click on “Finish Configuration” and wait till the completion of background process.
- “Go to My Portal” Now you on Liferay Default Page.
- Click on “Sign in ” present towards left top
- Log in with id – firstname.lastname@example.org password – test , then you will be prompted for change password and Password Hint. Do it.
- Congratulation! You are now logged in as liferay admin,go and play with UI (explore more).